By Georgina M. Montgomery,Mark A. Largent
- Covers issues together with astronomy, agriculture, chemistry, eugenics, tremendous technological know-how, army expertise, and more
- Features contributions by means of the main complete students within the box of technological know-how history
- Covers pivotal occasions in U.S. historical past that formed the improvement of technological know-how and technological know-how coverage resembling WWII, the chilly conflict, and the Women’s Rights movement
Read Online or Download A Companion to the History of American Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
This advent to the philosophy of arithmetic specializes in modern debates in a big and imperative quarter of philosophy. The reader is taken on a desirable and wonderful trip via a few interesting mathematical and philosophical territory, together with such issues because the realism/anti-realism debate in arithmetic, mathematical rationalization, the boundaries of arithmetic, the importance of mathematical notation, inconsistent arithmetic and the functions of arithmetic.
Normal background within the eighteenth century was once many stuff to many people—diversion, obsession, medically or economically valuable wisdom, spectacle, facts for God’s windfall and knowledge, or perhaps the root of all usual wisdom. simply because typical historical past used to be pursued via this type of number of humans worldwide, with practitioners sharing neither tools nor education, it's been characterised as a technological know-how of easy description, dedicated to accumulating observations because the uncooked fabric for category and hence essentially special from experimental actual technological know-how.
Basics of blunders Correcting Codes is an in-depth advent to coding conception from either an engineering and mathematical point of view. in addition to protecting classical issues, there's a lot insurance of strategies that could merely be present in expert journals and booklet guides. various workouts and examples and an available writing sort make this a lucid and powerful creation to coding conception for complex undergraduate and graduate scholars, researchers and engineers, no matter if drawing close the topic from a mathematical, engineering or laptop technological know-how heritage.
The twenty first century bargains a dizzying array of latest technological advancements: robots shrewdpermanent sufficient to take white collar jobs, social media instruments that deal with our most crucial relationships, usual gadgets that music, checklist, study and percentage each element of our day-by-day lives, and biomedical ideas with the aptitude to rework and increase human minds and our bodies to an unheard of measure.
- Einführung in (natur-)wissenschaftliches Denken (Schriften der Mathematisch-naturwissenschaftlichen Klasse) (German Edition)
- Transhumanism: A Grimoire of Alchemical Agendas
- The Works of Charles Darwin: Vol 24: Insectivorous Plants (Second Edition, 1888): Insectivorous Plants (Second Edition, 1888) Vol 24 (The Pickering Masters)
- Bridging Traditions: Alchemy, Chemistry, and Paracelsian Practices in the Early Modern Era (Early Modern Studies Book 15)
- Samurai to Soldier: Remaking Military Service in Nineteenth-Century Japan (Studies of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute, Columbia University)
- Measuring the New World: Enlightenment Science and South America
Extra resources for A Companion to the History of American Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the History of American Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Georgina M. Montgomery,Mark A. Largent